Thursday 11 February 2010

Spot the difference

I just bought some bindis for a Sikh wedding I'm going to. I haven't worn bindis since I was in my early 20s and used to stick diamante ones all around my eyes. I even forgot to get them for my wedding and had to draw it in with eyeliner.
My local fancy store didn't have any snazzy multi-coloured ones, just an array of red dots of varying sizes. Some had a bit of diamante action, but overall they were big and boring.
"Big and boring," I said/gesticulated, grimacing, to fancy-wallah.
"Big? They're not big," he said/gesticulated, pointing to my selection, these:




He turned and rifled through a box behind him, then pulled out a packet.
"These ones are big."




They're BIG. They're so big that if you're wearing one in any proximity to the airport, you may well be mistaken for a flight control light.
Why would anyone wear a red dinnerplate on their forehead? Well, the bigger the spot, the closer one is to God, they say.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Keep going and we expect some more from you…..?
Sex Chat