Friday 28 May 2010

Be careful what you wish for

For weeks now I've been suffering in the Delhi extreme heat (40°C and higher every day), wishing desperately that something, anything, would propel me out of the dirty, bone-dry city with swirls of dust blowing through the air. Then on Wednesday, news came that my much-beloved uncle had died suddenly and unexpectedly. So now I'm off to Bangalore, along with the rest of my diasporic extended maternal family who are flying in from various corners of India and the world. Of course, even though I've known about my trip for a day and a half I hadn't been able to bring myself to pack, so now, with 20 minutes to go till the cab gets here to take me to the airport, I'm sitting on the bed in my pyjamas staring at a pile of clothes and wondering what to do. The answer? Update my blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our sympathies! Travel safely ...